Monday, August 16, 2004

Resucito! - the White Sox and me

Yes, call me crazy, but I'm an obsessed White Sox fan. Remember, my "doom and gloom" entry not too long ago. Well, that was before the Boston road trip. Maybe there was a little cosmic luck thrown our way. My brother also voiced some concern over the 3 game series at Boston. I was afraid the White Sox would embarrassed themselves in Fenway Park.

I was in the East coast for about a week and had to settle for the ESPN highlights to get my Sox updates. The only games I could see on TV were the Yankees, Mets, and Red Sox. Occasionally, I tuned in to the Red Sox games for my baseball fix. But then, the White Sox were heading to Boston. YES! I would be able to see the games. On Sunday, I was flying back to Chicago so I watched the first 2-3 innings and then hit the road for the airport. I searched frantically on the AM radio for the broadcast of the game. If they showed the Red Sox games on TV, they have to broadcast the games on the radio! YES, I found the station. There I was on the I-91 yelling and cheering like a lunatic as I sped away on the highway. I left the car when the game was tied 2-2. Damn, things are getting exciting, but I had a date with the airport security. The lines were enormous to get pass the metal detectors. For once I passed the security checkpoint with flying colors (no beeps - it helps to take your shoes off). This time my hairclip and bra didn't get me the extra search with the wand. After feeding my coffee addiction with a banana mocha, I called the home troops (mom) for a report. The Sox were winning 5 to 2 (which Sox, they're both Sox?) The White Sox!

Well, it was a great series. White Sox won 2 out of 3 by playing excellent baseball. The game we did lose on Saturday was still an invigorating game with a final score of 5 to 4. We played with fire and energy. Shingo made me proud. White Sox are now 4 games out of 1st place. There's still plenty of games left so "Let's GO Sox"!


Meanwhile, in Wrigleyville, the Cubs bullpen is self-destructing again.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

mmmmm, banana mocha, that sounds yummy.

AnalisaGuzman said...

WAAAAHHHH My cubbies are losers but I love them anyway. Go SAMMY!!!