Thursday, September 30, 2004

New Song Made Me Delirious with Joy

A new song by my favorite band, Kill Hannah. Yes, the band's name and the new song's title might give an impression of a satanic worshipping group of men. It is far from it. They are a local Chicago band that I first heard in my college (senior year). KH was definitely different from the current bands at that time. Swing and ska were the big thing in the music scene. I was blown away by what I saw and heard that night from Kill Hannah. Luckily we bought their CD (an EP); now it's a coveted item by the new KH fans. The band has morphed into several lineups; members came and went. The main one being Mat Devine (remember "Mat meet Bat" post). Last year, their major label debut album was released by Atlantic Records. Kill Hannah is currently working on their 2nd album. It is really their 5th since they released other albums independently before their Atlantic Records contract.

At a recent Chicago concert, KH played one of their songs for the upcoming album. Click on the link for a live version of "Black Poison Blood" by Kill Hannah (September 18, 2004 at the Chicago Metro). Taped by Mike Simpson. Remastered by Ian Roegels.

Don't they look a bit "Beatlesque"?

1 comment:

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

I got hold of lyrics!
Black Poison Blood

it looked like the perfect day
in photos we were smiling
But something was wrong in you, Oh

inside you were suffering
lungs were barely moving
I wanted to comfort you
Oh no..

so i said "shhhhh. come here"

Oh you'll fix all my cracked broken bones!
And replace all my black poison blood!

She murders me with a smile,
Strangles me with her eyes.
I'm poisoned as she passes by, oh.

The buildings around me shake,
Like cheap plastic wedding cakes.
I fell to the ground with you oh no

She said..."shhhhh"

Oh you'll fix all my cracked broken bones!
And replace all my Black Poison Blood!
POISON BLOOD! BLACK POISON BLOOD
BLACK POISON BLOOD!