Monday, November 29, 2004

Salvation in the Rain

End of junior year in college, we decide to hit the road. Final destination - NYC. Method of transportation - 80s something 4-door vehicle that was already showing signs of its demise. All that we asked of it was to get us to the east coast in one piece. We were prepared to make alternate plans for the return trip if our dear buddy died in NY.


Explored
central park,
walked down
the busy streets,
stranger
in a new city,
magically transformed
into a New Yorker
in an instant.
the cloudy sky above
tells me to seek shelter,
Soon it will be crying,
blocks away from my hotel,
the downpour begins...
drops hit my skin,
to the nearest building
on 8th Avenue
for cover,
tempted to just stand there
or walk "home" in the rain,
truly doesn't matter.
i don't really care if i get wet;
the rain feels wonderful...
liberating me from my stagnation,
breathing life into me,
resuscitating me from the brink
by sending 360 Joules thru me,
you are alive -
feel the heartbeating,
see the beauty,
hear the traffic and sidewalk hustle,
the rain droplets run down
my face...
my body...
smile - you have arrived,
welcome back to the living.
didn't want to leave that moment,
didn't want to leave that city,
drenched with renewed hope,
i walk back to the hotel

by drvodka2004

No comments: