Friday, March 25, 2005

Pila de Locos

In Wicker Park again
to catch some tunes last night - a British band.
Groovy tunes but puro amenazas in the crowd.
People criticize that we (minorities) look thuggish or suspicious.
Pero some of the pila de locos were looking thuggish or shady,
but they are "cool" of course, as my friend says, since they are gueros.

One of the funny sights was a drunk guy waving his hands in the air (like he don't care).
He had a cigarette in one hand and with the hand motions, it fell to the ground.
The poor drunk ass guy tried to pick it up but instead joined his lovely cigarette on the floor. Some kind guys in the vicinity helped him to his feet.
They should have left him there because later he was near us.
Waving that cigarette in the air like he don't care
I was worried he would flick it our way and set our hair or clothes on fire.
It surprises me how more people don't get burn by cigarettes at these shows.
People just hold out that cigarette as waves of people pass them by.
Oops sorry ...didn't mean to burn you.
One of the things I don't enjoy about going to shows like these is all the smoking.
I'm not a smoker so I don't like coming home with my new perfume "Smokey Rock".
As I was having my late night snack, it came to me.
That's why this smell is so familiar...one of my patients was wearing "Smokey Rock" earlier in the day.

No comments: