Tuesday, March 14, 2006

cliche

'Cause i've waited for all my life....to be here with you tonight

how often have we heard that from someone?
only to find out it really wasn't true
that it was just a line
something to get you in bed or whatever

he sings
"See, i've waited for all my life....to be here with you tonight"

something you expect to hear in songs about love

this time....it's no cliche
it's not cliche for me
i'm not some teen going thru puppy love
i know what i want
i've been waiting a long time for it

my search has taken me to foreign lands
after all these years,

i want him

To sing to him .....
"See, i've waited for all my life ....to be here with you tonight"
would not be cliche.
it would be the truth.

he truly makes me happy.
i never want him to forget
how special he is
what a gift he is
how much he means to me.

2 comments:

Santiago said...

I want it to be true
not the illision it seems to be
for me to climb into your bed
feel it reverbreate thru our bodies
for the many months to come
keep us warm in the cold

Don't want it ot be the cliche
let it ring for an eternity
and continue
to infect us to dream
coat us and make us immune
to this bloody reality

thanks for the inspiration

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

santiago,
funny how this have a "domino effect" on people

one of my favorite musicians wrote those lyrics which inspired me and my words inspired you. I love it when we can draw on others' works and create our own. It is so thrilling to see that happen.