Wednesday, May 06, 2009

when you begin to wonder.....
......................................................"what for?"....
for the umpteenth time


think about .....
Luis Alberto Urrea's thoughts on creativity and his writing


read the article...or listen to the audio from NPR:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=103362391

If you are too lazy to click and look,
I feel this is the highlight.....

"I was in a small house in Cuernavaca with old healer women. We were eating green Jell-O. One of them told me this: "When you write, you light a bonfire in the spirit world. It is dark there. Lost souls wander alone. Your inner flame flares up. And the lost souls gather near your light and heat. And they see the next artist at work and go there. And they follow the fires until they find their ways home." (Urrea)

Reading Urrea's "this I believe" reinforced what I believe and have shared with others:

We have to just...Stop...sit still...observe... and absorb. Put that on your to-do list. Feel the surge of enlightenment. (Cardenas)

I'll continue to light bonfires......in every way I can.....drvodka

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.