Thursday, July 29, 2004

Sox fans RANT!

The Sox really shot themselves in the foot during Wed.'s game.  We (like I really have anything to do with it) should have won that game.   I was getting sick of all the "doomsday talk" from the media -  "how can they win without Frank and Magglio?"    If the Sox don't get it together and start showing some intensity on the field, they are not going to win the AL central division.   Sometimes they are too laid back,  I just want to scream "Look ALIVE out there!"
I did go to the game on Tuesday.  Freddy Garcia was pitching - it should have been an excellent game.  I should have been able to scream, "It's SHINGO Time".  I didn't - the Sox lost.   Comiskey Park ( I still don't use that other name) like most ballparks have those sounds or displays to motivate the fans to get loud and cheer.   I've always hated that - we will cheer when we want to, damn it.   It's like those annoying "applause" signs on TV show soundstages -  I think I remember seeing one at the Conan O'Brien set.   Sox fans aren't stupid - we cheer when there IS something to get excited about.  The park should come up with displays and sounds directed at the Sox players.  Maybe that will generate the energy and aggressiveness needed to win this division. We will see.   For now this is how my brother is handling the situation: "F*@k the Sox, I'll pay attention to them when they are in first place again".
Sounds like good advice.   Right now, the Sox are 3 and 1/2 games out of first place.    







No comments: