Tuesday, July 27, 2004

"Want to be your love for real"

I should be in bed but this artist is amazing. I tend to listen to what my siblings call "death rock" (Smashing Pumpkins) but I have a softer side. Recently, I read an article on Rachael Yamagata, who's a Chicago musician, and listened to some of her songs via the net. Tomorrow, I have to get her CD "Happenstance"! All I have right now is what's on her website.
check her out at
www.rachaelyamagata.com
The words above are from "be be your love" - I love that song - you can feel the heartache in her voice! Simply Beautiful. Stirs all sort of emotions in you. I can see that song as background music for a romantic film (either for a specific scene or in the trailer).
I LOVE music - it motivates me, comforts me, and can complement my mood. Certain songs get the creative juices flowing. I don't just hear the song but see images, get peculiar feelings - all the senses come alive!






No comments: