Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Late Night Lullaby Drive

Seeing the wet pavement and road, I can't believe it is winter (December!). I always enjoy driving late night or wandering the quiet streets. It is soothing driving down Lake Shore Drive, Michigan Avenue, or Columbus Drive late at night when few cars and pedestrians are around. Just you and the road. It was especially calming tonight as I left the hospital. Chicago looks so beautiful with the Christmas lights still illuminating Millenium Park, Buckingham Fountain, and Columbus Drive. Didn't take "the Bat Cave" route (aka Lower Wacker Drive) so I could enjoy the scene near Grant Park. If I wasn't alone, I would have walked near Buckingham Fountain or the lakefront near the Shedd Aquarium. But being the times we live in, a woman walking alone near midnight is not safe. However, it was wonderful seeing my city twinkle under the full moon. The Sears Tower and the Hancock Building still have their red and green lights that are visible for miles. Tonight it wasn't freezing. Tonight was picture perfect. Goodnight all and pleasant dreams.

2 comments:

Aleksu said...

Just because of this post, I think the city of Chicago should sponsor your blog.

I've been to Chitown only once during Christmas, it looks effen awesome.

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

Chicago has served as a "muse" for many including Billy Corgan and Mat Devine.