Thursday, July 21, 2005

Ssshhhh, can you keep it down?

Twice it has happened.
I've been on phone-call and well....
not in the ideal place to be returning calls from the answering service.
The first time I was at Billy Corgan's "TheFutureEmbrace" concert. I placed my pager on vibrate. There was NO way i would hear a "beep" among the thunderous sounds emitted from Mr. Corgan's guitar. But the blasted thing let me down and didn't vibrate. I had several pages waiting for me when i checked my beeper at the end of the concert.

However, this time...ahem....i forgot i was on phone-call....and i happened to be at a baseball game. Luckily I glanced at my cellphone near the top of the 7th inning and saw the answering service had left me some voicemail messages.
Damn! I almost got in trouble with the Jefe for the Corgan incident and now this.
Thank the Lord, it was only a pharmacy trying to reach me.


The 7th inning stretch creeped upon me as i attempted to contact the pharmacy.

"Excuse me, can u repeat that? i didn't understand," shouts dr.v as she covers her other ear.

"take me out to the ballgame, take me out to the crowd...."

"Cephalexin...Keflex," replies the pharmacist

"oh! Keflex"

"it says 2 tsp bid x 7 days, but which solution do u want? 250mg/5ml or 125mg/5ml?"

"I don't care if I ever get back, for it's root, root for the White Sox"

"how old is the patient?"

"If they don't win, it's a shame"

"about 3 yrs old"

"for it's One, Two, Three strikes, you're out, at the old ballgame"

hmmm,
wonder if the pharmacist heard all that background noise?

3 comments:

Mariposatomica said...

Wasn't the pharmacist and the message service that started the wave?

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

so u heard about the Wave?

luckily i didn't have to do the "wave" and have this conversation at the same time...hehehe....that would have been a funny sight.

Aleksu said...

cuz is root, root, root
for my Cu..ccc...c...

Grrrr.....