Thursday, September 08, 2005

Under the Bed

Under the bed, lies a scary monster?.......not quite.

What seems to lie under my bed are the things I've lost.....or had no idea were missing.

In the last week or so, I thought I lost my glasses. One morning during a battle with my alarm clock, I sent my glasses flying. Frantically searching for them when i finally woke up, i couldn't find them! They couldn't have vanished. Ah...there they were....under my bed. According to the laws of physics i was sure they would have flown in the opposite direction. Glad to report i'm not walking around blindly at night. Not sure i won that alarm clock battle even thou i slapped the heck out of it.

Other things i found yesterday included a bra and a peach bedsheet which was stuck between the wall and my bed. I knew i took that out from the closet a couple of days ago but it wasn't on my bed. Where could it be? Bingo! Lost in some corner were my black shoes. Unfortunately, my bedframe isn't high so one must squeeze in to retrieve anything in the nether regions....especially the northeast corner. What can i use? My guitar! Before any musician scolds me for using a musical instrument in such a degrading manner, let me plead my case. It is an old acoustic guitar....oooold....it has a hole on the top part......it's made of some cheap material. Was only using it as a temporary thing until i bought a better guitar.

And it worked! I retrieved my shoe without getting stuck under the bed myself. What did i do next? Well, i started tuning the guitar naturally. But i had to get tough by reminding myself that the mission was cleaning not guitar playing. Back to bed....under the bed...... to chase the dust balls away.

No comments: