Saturday, May 21, 2005

You're a Relic...from the 1990s

During my recent trip, I felt the "electronic divide." Here I was pulling out my CD player from my carry-on bag to listen to a British band. There he was sitting next to me with his iPod. As I peeped in front of me, there was another iPod on the tray. Boy, did I feel foolish with my "ancient" CD player.....like I was pulling out a Walkman and cassettes!

So when I told my brother this, he laughed, "You're a relic from the 1990s."

Remember vinyl and 8 track players. My father had some 8 tracks around the house when we were growing up. When I was helping a friend pack a couple of weeks ago, I was surprised to see so many cassettes in her music collection. But her CDs did outnumber her cassettes by a long shot!

I still have my "Siamese Dream" cassette......first Smashing Pumpkins thing I ever bought.

4 comments:

Matt said...

I still love my vinyl records. Unfortunately, the needle on my turntable is shot, and my spouse gives me a hard time whenever I talk about buying a new turntable.

There is a richness to vinyl that still appeals a lot.

Aleksu said...

Yikes, something tells me I need to transition to iPod but I have not even the slightest clue about how to go about doing that.

dr.v (Not a narcotic Pez dispenser) said...

i love vinyl too....i have some Beatles and Smashing Pumpkins on Vinyl!

Blex, don't worry about the iPod thing
I still don't have one, and there are other mp3 players out there besides iPod(and less expensive)...for now i'll stick to my CD player.

Anonymous said...

i'm attached to my tapes, i can't get rid of them. mp3 players are cool, they make music so portable.